Thursday, June 23, 2016

Who's Afraid?


Fear! It’s all about a void and the unknown; not knowing and having the foresight of what’s to come.  When one undertakes an endeavor, with it lurks a questionable future, its expected results and then tackling the unexpected. When you don’t have control of an outcome, the yays and nays or its ups and downs cultivate a sense of helplessness… ultimately, a sense of being alone. But you’re not alone! You may not be able to control or prolong an outcome, but you’re never alone. 
I have endured numerous occasions whereas I’ve been soooo afraid of what was going to happen, I completely threw myself in to a tizzy that physically made me ill. I considered it a panic attack (which I finally admitted to) Lol. What I've learned through some of these experiences is that fear tears away at the strongest of us all. 'Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the.' Isiah 41: 10, KJV. 
Fear saturates the mind, so you make wrong calls. But God doesn’t give us the spirit of fear.

Just recently I was asked to do a presentation of a new project which I have been working on for some time. I have to admit that I am the world’s best at procrastinating. I did everything else I deemed more IMPORTANT than preparation for my presentation. And yes, I rescheduled it (a couple of times)! Of course this was just another form of procrastination of the inevitable. 
So, 'the day' was finally upon me. I realized I was physically sick; headache, dizziness, insomnia, nausea, just to name a few… I was in the midst of a full-blown panic attack! I called on my prayer warriors; “Girls, pleeease pray for me!” I am positive they did, because that’s what we do., but I also had to see my condition for what it was. I had literally put too much on my plate and just couldn’t ‘stomach’ anymore! Thus, an anxiety attack. You see I was so anxious to know more about my outcome and did not adequately prepare myself.  I was so anxious to see all of my positive works in motion, I became overwhelmed.

Although I requisitioned prayers on my behalf, I had to get to the root of what was really going on with me, so ‘I’ went to the One '...from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth’. Psalm 121: 1-2; KJV. 

I realized I was not alone in whatever I embarked upon. Don’t be afraid. You are not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment