Thursday, May 4, 2017

'Let's Make a Deal'

Sitting, sipping, and pondering again. That’s my morning ritual as you may realize by now. Question - “Have you ever tried to make a deal with God?” Let’s be real! We know it’s not the norm, but in dire times of need and comfort, we might say, “Lord if I can only get this job, I will... or, Lord if you bring me, my child, or my friend through this, I promise You, I will…” Yes, these are the types of deals we make with the Master!
Don’t you realize that Jesus is the author and finisher of your faith (Hebrews 12:2)?  A lot of times we don’t need to know what the finished product will be, but have faith He will fix it. If you’re anything like me, I’d try to change the outcome if I knew it in advance. Lol. Remember, we don’t hold the future in our hands. Enrich your faith in Him and grow in spiritual maturity. He will do the rest.

No Bartering

I wasn’t supposed to know
I wasn’t supposed to find out until now
I wasn’t supposed to know
This was about His timing and how
He wanted me to grasp
He wanted me to ask
He wanted me to depend
He wanted me to defend
what HE stood for in my life
and when it was all said and done
He wanted me to know that
He was the One!
Not because ‘I’ did anything great
hence, He would make life easier
NO! He wanted me to be tried and tested
He wanted me to know
He was the One
who brought me out
who allowed me to evolve 
through these experiences
while being tossed to and fro
learning lessons, being instructed
in the midst of the strain
but not all in vain
And as I come out of it, I will gain 
I will grow with it
and not have had to barter
but just ‘pay it forward’ as I go

God doesn’t make a deal.
 “God is the REAL DEAL!”


PJ Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment