Thursday, August 18, 2016

FIXED

Reflecting back on life, it seems times really have not changed so much. I remember when my mom used to say, "Don't worry about what's going on now, it will come back full circle". Never would I have dreamt that furnishings, cars, music, styles of clothing, shoes, jewelry, even hairdos would evolve. We see this all the time in our children's choices; trends on tv and social media. The change may be that a style has a different name or different hue in color, but in essence, the same. Somebody just revamped an old style!

Think about it. What will styles be like in twenty years? Who knows? But what we do have are memories... they won't leave and sometimes we can vividly go back. They are etched and fixed! 

 
Deep-Seated Memories
When I was younger, I used to stay in the mirror.  A flip here. A curl there. Couldn’t get enough of trying to find a superior look, to the other look of my hair that I had already done in the mirror.
I was hoping to wear uniquely, a style never worn; never to have it said that I was ever outdone... setting the trend with classiness, not a gimmick, but a leader on my own that others dreamed to mimic.
And now, the mirror I try to avoid. Reflecting back and my recollection of that age, only annoys me; Lol! That hair, my flair, flairs up, no where. But!  If I look a little closer, I know I’ll find it there. Ahhh, fixed memories...

When I was younger, I used to stay in the mirror!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment