Thursday, June 21, 2018

Are You There?

Do you ever look around and find yourself suddenly having nothing to do? That may sound outrageous in this time and age of devices and mechanisms, which can totally occupy your time, but I'm speaking of having something worthy, time-consuming, worthwhile like a project of sorts.
I find myself there sometimes when I become ‘stuck’ in my brain with an on-going event and need something fresh and new. If you’re like me and some others I know, you bore quickly. If you lose interest, you throw it aside like dirty laundry… ready for something fresh, clean NEW! You may have plenty to do in your ‘now’ pile, but you need to begin a ‘then’ basket. Just an inkling, an idea, a burst of excitement to spur yourself on; give you incentive; stir up your creative juices.
Well, unfortunately, I’m there!
Unfinished

I just don’t know what to do with myself
I don’t know just what to do with myself
I piddle and piddle and twiddle my thumbs
Cause I just am not through with myself

Seems I’m more than this
Seems I’m bored with this
And can’t find my comfort zone

Seems my life’s not full
And my plate is half empty
And my actions are foreign and unknown

Seems I possess so much more
Than what’s visible to the eye
Unconceivable, can’t be put into words

Seems people can’t understand
What’s inside me is vast
Its enormity, a magnitude so absurd

You see, we all have
Untapped territories
that are in need
of a little purging
I pray when I’m
finally pricked,
My safe harbor
will dissipate
with urging

I just don’t know what to do with my self
I don’t know just what to do with myself
My day may end, but my mind begins again
As someday I’ll get through to myself
Blessings 
PJ Payne



No comments:

Post a Comment