Thursday, June 1, 2017

Remember When...

Reflecting back on life, it seems times really have not completely changed. Sometimes the memories make you want to go back to those young carefree childhood days. Unfortunately, you have to move forward with the times.
I remember when my mom use to say, "Don't worry about what's going on now or the past. It will come back full circle." Never would I have dreamt that shoes, furnishings, toys, cars, music, styles of clothing, jewelry, even hairdos would evolve. We see this all the time in our children's choices, trends on TV, and social media. The change may be that a style has a different name or different hue in color, but in essence, it’s the same. Somebody just revamped an old style!
Don’t you just hate it though! Think of all of the older styles of clothing that have made a comeback... a complete circle. Makes you think you should have kept that paisley blouse, hoop earrings, or clog shoes you use to stylishly flaunt. But of course fabrics, colors and cut have changes. And ‘new age’ folks can tell the difference, so “Nah, it wouldn’t work!”

Have you ever asked yourself, what will styles be like in twenty years? Who knows? But what we do have are the memories... unless, medical issues arise, they won't leave and sometimes we can vividly go back. They are etched and fixed! 

Deep-Seated Memories
When I was younger, I use to stay in the mirror.  A flip here; a curl there. I couldn’t get enough of trying to find a superior look, to the other look of my hair, I had already done in the mirror.
I was hoping to wear uniquely, a style never worn; never to have it said that I was ever outdone... setting the trend with classiness, not a gimmick. And a leader on my own that others dreamed to mimic.
And now, the mirror I try to avoid. Reflecting back and my recollection of that age, only annoy me; Lol! That hair, my flair, flairs up nowhere. But!  If I look a little closer, I know I’ll find it there.
When I was younger, I use to stay in the mirror! :-)


Ahhh, memories...

PJ Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment